Frequently asked questions
In order to ask questions and receive answers related to the MPay service use or integration with it, please call the customer support service number (+373) 22 82 00 00.
1. What services can be paid through the MPay service?
The list of services which can be paid through the MPay can be found on the services' page. Along the way, it will be possible to use MPay for paying for absolutely all services.
2. Can I pay for the communal services by the instrumentality of the MPay service?
No. At this moment, the communal services can not be paid through the MPay service. In the future, MPay will provide you with this possibility as well.
3. Can I pay a public service which is not currently available electronically?
Yes, MPay allows you to pay also for services that are available only in traditional format.
4. How many services will I be able to pay through the Mpay?
In the future all public services will be paid through the MPay service. The list of services that can be paid through the MPay can now be found on the services' page.
5. I have a MPay invoice. How do I know if it is paid or not?
In order to check whether a MPay invoice is paid, enter its number on the home page and the system will display its payment status.
6. How can I pay my service if I do not have a credit card?
Through the MPAY service you can make payments with any payment instrument, legally available in the Republic of Moldova. If you do not have a credit card, you may pay in cash using the payment terminals, bank counters or online via the internet banking systems of the bank whose client are you.
7. Can I pay for services at the post office?
Yes. Starting with November 18, 2013 it is possible to pay MPay invoices in all post offices.
8. I need assistance with paying. What do I do?
You can ask help at the following phone number (+373) 22 82 00 00.
9. I want to pay for a public service, but the bank is closed. What should I do?
You can pay online, choosing this option on the services' page or in cash by means of the payment terminals.
10. How can I pay through the MPay if I am outside the country?
You can pay online by using your credit card or the internet banking system of the bank whose client are you.
11. Should I install something on my computer in order to be able to make payments by the MPay service?
No. It is not necessary to have something installed on you computer in order to be able to use the MPay service.
12. How can I see all the payments I have made through the Mpay?
This functionality will be shortly available in the Public Services Portal.
13. How much will it cost me extra as a citizen for paying through the MPay?
Nothing. According to GD. No. 280 as of April 24, 2013 individuals will pay only the service cost. All fees will be paid, as applicable, from the state budget or by the service provider.
14. What is the amount of the commission?
The amount of the commission varies depending on the instrument the payment is made with. For the credit cards, the amount of fees charged by banks is 0.5% (for credit cards issued by banks in the Republic of Moldova) and 2.2% (for credit cards issued by banks outside the Republic of Moldova) of the transaction value. For the any other payment instrument, the bank fee constitutes 1.00 (1) MDL per transaction. To the bank fee shall be added a commission for the maintenance of the MPay service technological platform amounting to 1,20 MDL per transaction. According to GD. No. 280 as of April 24, 2013, these fees are not paid by citizens.
15. How safe is it to pay for services through the MPay?
The payment made through the MPay is as safe as the one made at the bank, because MPay uses the banks’ instruments only.
16. Who can I see the payments that I've made through the MPay?
The payments made through the MPay are seen only by your service providers.
17. What information regarding me and services I benefit from are kept by the MPay?
In order to function, MPay uses only the service requestor IDNO. Other personal data or information about the nature of the requested services are not processed/preserved by the MPay. MPay complies with the legislation on personal data protection and is registered within the National Center of Persoanal Data Protection having the folowing registration number: 130913CM145.
18. I performed a payment through the MPay service but the provider does not provide me with access to the requested service until the transferred to his account money arrive. What should I do?
According to GD. No. 280 as of April 24, 2013 , the service providers are obliged to provide full service as soon as the MPay has confirmed the payment. The MPay confirms payments in real time. Therefore, if you paid through the MPay for a service, and the service provider refuses to provide the service on the grounds on not having any information on the payment, do not hesitate to contact us at by calling the following phone number: (+373) 22 82 00 00.
Questions from Business
1. I have a chargeable service and I want to integrate it with MPay. How do I do this?
Although MPay is designed primarily for making payments for public services, in the future, it will be possible to make payments for commercial services as well. For such requests, please contact us at the addresses listed on the contact page. MPay team will review your request and give you the necessary consultations.
2. What is the fee imposed for the MPay integration/connection?
No fees are collected in this respect.
3. What are the commissions I shall have to pay?
As a payment service provider you will operate in the same conditions as the public service providers are and you will pay the fees set by the GD No. 280 as of April 24, 2013.
4. How long should I wait until the money paid through MPay get into my account?
The money transfers performed through the MPay service get into the service providers’ accounts no later than the next business day.